Thursday, April 3, 2008

Allergy Meds That Can Lead to Suicide?!?!

So, depression has been getting the better of me, despite the fact that everything seems to be getting better.
It's like having another job...on top of being a girlfriend, a "step-mother", a sister, a daughter, and making an attempt to take care of self....I'M EXHAUSTED!!!! WHEW!!! LMBO!!!

Anyway, in my best efforts, I've been keeping up with my blogger family, only to come across Marissa's post on Singulair.
VERY DISTURBING!!!
I've been taking Singulair for the past few years due to an annoying stress cough. After reading this post, I decided to come off of it for a little while and see what happens. What I do remember is when I wrote the post, Suicidal Thoughts, I had taken 2 pills just before I started having those feelings...Connection?!?! I don't know, but, it's worth researching!!! I'll keep you updated, as I continue to cough.

2 Other Thoughts:

jennifer said...

The connection between suicide and allergy medicine is a scary scary thought. I've taken tons of allergy medicines, Singular actually not being one of them. I hope no one taking it experiences any suicidal thoughts.

Mr B The Tech Teacher said...

What scares me is the side effects on SSRI antidepressants.
"...increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior (suicidality) in short-term studies in children and adolescents with depression and other psychiatric disorders. "
Wait! HOLD THE PHONE! Isn't that exactly what I'm trying to FIX here??
Then you get all the other fun side effects such as dizziness, neausea, sexual disfunction, disturbed sleep patterns, headaches, nervousness...
And this stuff is supposed to make me feel LESS miserable?