Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Stress

Not knowing what I'm going to do next stresses me out. How bills are going to be paid, where are we going to live next week....the stress makes me not want to write/blog. It makes me not want to do the obvious thing and take my laptop into the city to be repaired. I'd feel better if I had my computer. At least then I could do work online.
Now with the economy going the way it's going, I find myself accepting positions for work that I normally would never consider. Work that makes me travel 2 hours out of the way for FUTURE money.
Which means, the money won't be available until a few months from now....but my real concern is what are we going to do until then!
My bf does his best to make me laugh & smile. While I do my best to encourage & convince him that the fat lady won't sing for us. Relationship wise, oddly enough, we are doing A LOT better. The respect factor & togetherness has come back...it's putting me in a much needed, calmer place.
Every church service I attend, Pastor reminds us that God will never give us more than we can bear. Sometimes he has to tear us down, to get rid of whatever is hindering us, to build us up again.
Well, I'm here to say, I'm torn down...we are torn down! But, I can't help but feel that we're going through all of this, together, for a reason.
Pastor says don't look to others for an explanation & a result. No one but God can give it to you.
After almost an entire year...my bf & I have come this far....& have stressed as a couple....THERE IS A REASON!
Other couples I know have gone through worse & have come out on top...they've even gotten married! They stuck out their issues, together, & made it through the storm.
This isn't a "Woe Is Me", as my bf would say, post. Rather, a post to try to get some of this crap circling around in my head, OUT!

4 Other Thoughts:

Hayley Cafarella said...

You know you are in a good relationship when you can rough it through the bad times...I HATE money stresses, it always makes me want to run away and live in a little tribe in the jungle, the way our bodies are designed to live...
Kudos to you for not giving in and hiding :)

JC said...

You have it exactly right- there is a reason for everything and we don't always understand it.

What helped me through my biggest and deepest trials recently is praying to God and asking him why this was happening. Why God why? What am I supposed to do? What the heck is my future?

And he told me (not verbally, obviously) to "obey" him. That's when my life started changing. A woman, a stranger, asked me to volunteer with her church and things are totally different now.

I hope things keep getting better for you :) I know one day you'll have an amazing "God Story" to tell or to add to your testimony.

Anonymous said...

well coping with stress is really an art

Anonymous said...

Don't let stress get into you.
Give yourself sometime to rest from thinking the problems and try to energize yourself by eating healthy foods.