Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Epiphany

It's not really an epiphany so much as a realization of what was going on with me.
My priorities fell out of line. When I left my job, I left for a good reason, it was either going to be me, or them. And since I don't look very pretty with cornrows and a neon orange jumper, I figured it would be smart for me to make my exit. When I did, at first I was ok, and I was very very happy. I was even still attending church. Then something happened. I ran out of meds, and my focus was 100% on my illness and nothing else.
I have to say that when I really look at it, alot of my unhappiness was my fault...the rest was my inability to focus on any one thing.

So, I'll be getting back on my grind now!

3 Other Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself to much. You are taking a great step toward recovery when you realize that meds help you. hang in there! xx

SimoneladybugKnits said...

It happens to me like that, too. It gets to the point that I think things are not going as plan or that my priority have changed. I tell myself "everything will be alright. Take it day by day"...sorta like a chant and it gets me through tough times...Hang in there and take it day by day :-)

~*Rylah*~ said...

It's so important to have some balance isn't it? That's the major lesson I'm learning right now. It's like it's unhealthy to live completely in our heads, but it's equally unhealthy to live completely in our bodies.... Good luck and try not to be too hard on yourself. Easier said than done, I know ;)