Thursday, July 19, 2007

I look at my dresser and get pissed by the amount of prescription pill bottles that I have. Granted there are a few that I got recently that are just refills, but still...it amounts to alot. All it makes me think is that I'm some kind of junkie!

Med changes...
Ritalin LA - 60mg, increase from 40mg....does a GREAT job keeping me calm. Does a SUCK ASS JOB from keeping my brian from being racey!

Celexa - 20mg...no adjustment here...however, I can't tell if it's working! I have no idea why I'm still taking it!

Trazadone - 50mg....does a GREAT JOB keeping me asleep, but it doesn't make me fall asleep. So, the doctor decided to give me.....

Xanax - 1.5mg...I've never said this outside Concerta, but....XANAX IS THE SHIT!!!!!

Lorazepam - 1mg...apparently my pdoc didn't want me to stay on Xanax. I'm sad about that. Instead, she gave me these pills for extended relaease. In other words...they are supposed to last longer. We'll see! I'd rather Xanax.

Ritalin - 5mg...still using them for short term purposes.

What I'm really looking for is something to keep my mind from racing. The ritalin isn't doing that at all!
After listing ALL of my meds...I think I have a total of 12 poll bottles on my dresser...I NEED TO GET A LARGE CONTAINER...SEEING THEM ALL THE TIME BOTHERS ME!

2 Other Thoughts:

nadcesca said...

I'm sorry you have to take so much med Amber. But as you will get better dealing and coping with the mental illness you'll have less and less of them. I'm only on one med now... but I do remember the time when I had so much med and I just didn't want to take them. Hang in there! Hugs. xxx

Butterfly said...

What blows my mind is why I'm off meds and you're on meds.

Mental stuff is so weird.