Friday, October 5, 2007

Government Assistance

Well, I took the plunge...I am filing for everything that you can possibly imagine!!

SSI, SSD, Medicare, & food stamps...
This is my latest opinion on assistance....
There are people in America who are receiving assistance who really don't need it, or qualify for it. But, they receive checks, so why can't I?
I am one of the people who really need it, but don't really want it. The process is too lengthy...the applications are almost as thick as the Holy Bible...and, even though I am "mentally disabled", I may, still, not qualify. In other words, I may be going through this entire process for nothing...GEEZ!!!
But, what if I do get approved? Then that would help me with my stress at home..at least for the moment!
My tdoc said that she'd help me with all of the paperwork...I hope she's telling the truth because there is no way in the world I can do it alone.
This won't keep me from working, or trying to work. "The Man" said that if I find a job, then I can just cancel the assistance. Sounds simple enough, right? Yeah, almost too good to be true! We'll see!

0 Other Thoughts: