Monday, October 1, 2007

WBC's

WBC mean White Blood Cells.
Apparently they protect you from infections. This is something that even my 15 year old sister knew. I'm older..I can't remember what they are supposed to do, I just know I should have some.
I went to the hospital for a complete physical, including blood tests.
When my results came back, my pdoc said that my WBC's were "alarmingly low". She requested that I go back to the hospital to have the tests done over.
I asked why...she said that my level was 2.8, and it's supposed to be near 10 or 11. I'd say that it's a little low...just a little.
I agreed to go back the next morning, at 8:30am, to have them retake my blood.
They re-read me the results..it went up to 3. Oh well!!
When I went back to the p/toc's, for some reason the only thing they were focusing on was my WBC's.
They asked if I felt better going into a hospital for a while. So, what did I do...??!?!?!
I gave them their job description, which did not include being an Internist! I told them that the purpose for me coming to see them each week was strictly for mental assistance. If I was sick, I would be concerned about my WBC's, but since I'm not, I could care less!!! I asked if was knocking on death's door (as in, am I dying), they said no....so, I told them that I'll take care of it some other time, and there should be no further conversation about it!!!

I don't recommend ANYONE doing what I did....as a matter of fact, if I was not so mentally frustrated and drained, I might have gotten really nervous. Everyone has their own main health concern. Mine's, at the moment, just so happens to be my mental health. Allow me to get healthier mentally, and I'll take care of the rest!

0 Other Thoughts: