Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tonight

I did what I am supposed to do...I took my meds at 9pm. So, why am I still awake?

That's an easy question to answer...drum roll please...BECAUSE I CAN'T STOP  MY MIND FROM SPEWING OUT MORE AND MORE IDEAS. And they are specific ideas and thoughts, no no. They are all over the place! Today, I decided I want to take classes for medical transcription and medical coding. My thoughts were, I can take the classes on line, and when it's all done, I can work from home. They make, on average, 40K/yr. I figured, hey, why not?!?
Then I had a conversation with one of my little sisters, and discovered she wanted to study mortuary science when she goes to college. I've always wanted to own my own funeral home, so I got really excited for her & me, then told her that we can have a family business.
My mind changes from second to second...I'm working on it!
That same sister has been talking to herself lately. It's been a concern of mine for a while, and my parents kept saying that it was normal. And, normally, I would agree. However, this wasn't a thinking aloud conversation...it was more like, if you ever walked into the room where she was, ALONE, you would swear there was someone else in there. I would ask her who she was talking to, and she ALWAYS replied...herself. So, in my little sit down with her today, after cracking jokes about everything, from school, to my unwashed hair...I asked her when she talked to herself who exactly is she speaking to. She said that it's another voice in her head. I believe her because I've heard the arguments that she;s had with "herself". There is definitely someone else in her brain. I told her it was ok, and there was no need to be afraid....then asked her why she thinks she hears another voice and she replied that she talks to herself because she had no one else to talk to. I asked if she would be up to talking to someone else, like a "counselor"....and after explaining that the conversations would remain between the two of them, she was totally excited about it! Yup, that was my good deed for the day! I'm glad I spoke to her because she was starting to scare the shit outta me, lol!

1 Other Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

this is very concerning, your advice about her seeing a counselor is very good.