Monday, July 14, 2008

My Promise Project

The early & untimely depature of our Dear Friend Dobro, has put me in deep thought.

I didn't sleep very well last night. I was scared. Scared for Me, Butterfly, Dobro, & ALL OF YOU trying to manage life with a mental illness.
I was in shock when I was informed of Dobro's death...and then, I cried. I cried HARD! Why?! Because, it could have been me. It still can be. It could've been YOU!
There is never a way to tell what is really going on with any one person. We all with hold information from friends, loved one's, doctor's, and even our blogger family with fear of being judged. The frustration of it all, and keeping it bottled up makes a person do irrational things, but, it seems rational to that person at that time.

This is "My Promise Project"....
I am an advocate for Mental Illness! I will create awareness...I will also document it. The world needs to know, and I am going to create a way to be the voice! Not just for Autism, but for MENTAL ILLNESS AS A WHOLE!!!

Assistance Please...

I can't do this alone. I am smart enough to know that I can't take on the world, by myself, and win. HELP ME HELP YOU AND OUR LOVED ONES!!!

2 Other Thoughts:

Delicate Silk said...

Oh my god, this is terrible news. It could have been me. God knows I've tried many times. But for some reason I am still here.

We do need to create awareness. A mental illness is not a taboo. We need to help each other and tell the world our story.

We are good people who just want to be heard.

I will sign up for the Promise Project!

Anonymous said...

The best way to get out of this mental illness is to divert your mind towards things you like most.