Tuesday, August 7, 2007

4 Page Letter

Or, something close to it...maybe 3 and a half.
I sat up one night and had a million feelings rolling around through my head. I knew that there was no way for me to ever fall asleep while I was this full. So, I decided to write him a letter.
After, I felt somewhat content, and decided that I would mail it the next morning. To make sure that I did as planned, I placed our addresses on an envelope, sealed it, and put a stamp on it. I placed the letter on my jewelry box, knowing that I wouldn't forget it if placed there.
The next morning, on my way to the pdoc, I got dressed, grabbed the letter and placed it in the mailbox.
After sending it, I knew it was the right thing to do, I felt very proud of myself.
The letter itself was very girly...mostly, expressing a sample of what I felt with our relationship.
Why did I feel good? Because, if all else fails...I can at least say that it was said. Maybe not everything, but most of what I felt at that moment was put down on paper and received by him.
The outcome...hmmmm, I don't really know. I know that he received the letter because I saw it in his bedroom.
He didn't bring it up in conversation, and neither did I. My thoughts is that I made the first move, he should have made the second.
We did end up having an interesting "conversation" about relationships and pride.
My discovery...I'm ready for a real relationship....and, I'm not sure he is ready to be 100%.
This doesn't change my love for him, but it made me understand him a lot more than I did.
I love you Jay!!! :)

2 Other Thoughts:

nadcesca said...

WOW that was really brave of you. But you are right now it is his turn to come and meet you half way. Hope everything will end well for both of you! Hugs

Butterfly said...

You've hinted, joked about it, had the conversation, and sent a letter.

I consider this case closed. You should do no more.