Sunday, August 26, 2007

LITHIUM IS THE DEVIL!

I am on day number 5 of creating a lithium level in my system. You know...when you have to gradually up the meds, day by day, until you reach the pdoc's desired mg they're prescribing.
Well..last night, the evening of day 4, I made the decision to stop ALL LITHIUM TREATMENT!!!
WHY?
I'll tell you why!
The very first pill that I took on Wednesday made my stomach expand!
What the hell is this?!?!?
My pdoc said that there would be some weight gain, but she didn't explain that it would be instant.
If you have a problem gaining weight...Lithium is the way to go.
If I would have continued taking it, there's no telling what would have happened...what I'd be positive about is my depression would have gotten a lot worse!
I made the BEST decision for ME mentally...and probably the best decision I've ever made!

0 Other Thoughts: