Thursday, March 1, 2007

Therapy

It is my honest opinion that everyone should seek therapy! Everyone in the world has some kind of pent up issue. It's the best feeling in the world to speak to someone that isn't directly involved in your life, have them listen to you vent, and give an unbiased opinion...or no opinion at all.
A stigma about therapy is that it is for "crazy" people. My opinion...you must be sane to recognize that you need help and seek help.
Therapy isn't just for people who are mentally ill/disabled/"crazy". It's also for the people who don't have a person in their life to whom which they can speak to...without judgment and bias.
I go to therapy. I discuss things with my therapist about my past, present, and foreseeable future that I wouldn't ever discuss with other person that I know. I don't have to sugarcoat anything, worry about her feelings, or be concerned about anyone else knowing my personal business. Outside of church, it's one of the things I look forward to each week. My personal outlet.

1 Other Thoughts:

Butterfly said...

Smile therapy...hmmmm, something to blog about. Thanks.