Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bad Memory

When I was younger, I had an unsuccessful suicide attempt. I tried to overdose on Advil. It didn't work because my tolerance was already to high for Advil. I used to eat them like M&M's. Because of this, I was placed into foster care(yet again, one out of the four times). I didn't try, that method, again because my counselor told me that I had to live for my brother and sister. She told me that if I died, no one would take care of them. That the things that happened to me would eventually happen to them. I was guilted into living. I would have never allowed anything to happen to them. I was tired of living at the age of 10 or 11. But, she made it clear that there would be nothing I could do about it if I was dead. My mother made it clear that no one wanted/loved me. She told me she kept me for the child support. I was a worthless bitch. I have no idea why she hated me so much. As I look back on it, I think I represented my father too much. Or, maybe at that age she was jealous of me for being the adult she wasn't. If what my mother said was true, then what was my purpose for living? As per my middle school counselor, it was my brother and sister. Now that I think about it, that may not have been the best thing to tell a child. The only reason I should live is for my brother and sister to live? Why not live because I'm worth life? Why not live because I am God's child? Or how about pointing out that there may just be one person that loves me. I never got that...and as I recall such event, I'm getting depressed. Is this the process I must go through? Must I be made to feel like shit and worthless before I do a 180? As my tears pour down, can someone show me where there may be a silver lining? I hope this doctor has some pieces for my puzzle, otherwise I'm nose diving into the Pacific Ocean...and I can't swim.

3 Other Thoughts:

nadcesca said...

I hate evryone that think they have all the answer. That was cruel to use guilt to keep you alive. It also shown that they had no intention to search for the cause and help you. Live for your brother and sister could have been 1 reason to stay alive with many other reasons. As I read your post, I just get angry at the world. I'm glad you are still around, you have so much to share with others on your experience. Don't give up, don't listen to THEM. You are worth of life, you are worth of love. Don't dive in the ocean, I'm there just hold my hand, just hold my arm, just climb on my back, I help you and support you. You will fine a secure place and will be able to stand a little more on your own soon. HUGS

~*Rylah*~ said...

I'm so sorry that you went through that. No child should be made to feel guilty when all you needed was some help. I first tried to commit suicide when I was 12, so I know what it feels like for all this sh*t to start so young. It isn't fair at all and the pain is so great.

Show them that they haven't got you down. Proove to them you're better than they are and stronger too - because you are! I believe in you... keep going as best you can.

Take care.

Jacqui xXx (Rylah)

Butterfly said...

BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

It may sound like bullshit, but really, the only way to heal is to put your cards on the table and get the help you need.

You've got to be totally honest with someone, and the best person most often is an objective party, like a therapist.