Monday, May 28, 2007

Pdoc Appointment on Friday

Let's just say that it "went".
I showed up a little earlier than normal and my pdoc wasn't back from lunch as of yet. She called me early that morning and asked me to come in later in the afternoon because they were having problems with their delivery. Normally that would set me off because it's an inconvenience on me, but I let it go and agreed. I waited for about 15 minutes. She finally shows up with my meds in hand...how she got them, I have no clue, but whatever! I walk into her office and sit down and she starts explaining the meds to me.
Trazodone, Ritalin LA, and Lithium...and then my gag reflexes start to work over time.

I then tell her that I will not be starting Lithium. My issue is that she is trying to treat my symptoms rather than my diagnosis, which is seemimgly alot worse. I have no problem with that if it made sense, but to me, it doesn't. She claims my initial diagnosis is correct but she see's alot of bipolar in my symptoms....well then, do the study, give another diagnosis, and then treat me. Until I'm told I am bipolar, I will not allow anyone to treat me as if I am. It is what it is...and if it's not, don't drug me with extra meds...I think it's a conspiracy....she just wants to make me dependent on drugs...I WON'T ALLOW IT! NOT THIS TIME LADY!

So I took the Trazodone and Ritalin LA, left the Lithium on the desk, and told her I'd see her next week.

That'll learn 'em! LOL!

1 Other Thoughts:

Butterfly said...

LMBO!

I heard Lithium was pretty serious, too.