Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Can I Trust My Pdoc?

Quick update...

  1. The meds that were given to me on Friday aren't working.
  2. Ambien worked for 3 hours on Friday & Saturday, then I was wide awake again.
  3. I haven't had more then 3.5 hours of sleep in the last 48hours.
  4. I've taken 3-4 Ritalin's/day for the last 4 days.
This morning was my pdoc appointment. I made the decision to show my appreciation for the therapy and medication, but to clearly inform the docs how miserable this mess was making me, and it's only been 4 days. I told them, and this was the out come....
  • I, still, will not be getting Concerta. Not now, or any other time for that matter.
  • Apparently, I will not be getting any other mg of Ambien either.
  • Lunesta, what worked for me, for some reason isn't an option.
  • They are going to give me Ritalin-SR (sustained release).
  • Today I was given Trazodone.
  • On Friday, they want to put me on Lithium.
Am I getting worse? Lithium?
Are you taking Lithium? Should I be concerned? The word itself scares the piss out of me! Are they just giving me random meds because they work for "The Man"? Can I trust my pdoc?

2 Other Thoughts:

nadcesca said...

Trazodone work great for me. I don't take it all the time but it makes me relaxe and sleep. Laugh if you want but for me, when I do really need a good night sleep I take a gravol. It just knock me out for 12 hours. I don't know about lithium. My mom takes it sometime, but I have no idea if she likes them or not. Maybe try them for a couple of days. It doesn't mean your are doing worst just that we all react differently to meds. Maybe you need stronger meds. Hang in there. Hugs

txandi prost said...

Amber,

although i answered your comment, on my blog, i thought i would follow, and ask how you were doing.

have you been diagnosed bipolar? why lithium? why not another med?

take courage.

~t~