Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

This is a question that was posed to me by someone I LOVE VERY DEEPLY! My response...What? What kind of question is that?
I was so taken back and insulted. But why did I feel this way?
Well, honestly, I guess I expect everyone that I love, which is less than a hand full of people, to try to understand what I'm going through. I pray that I wouldn't be pressured into doing things that I genuinely am unable to do at the moment.
Don't tell me I need a job, and I need to work, but not do anything to assist me in the struggle, and then when I'm offered a position, question me as if I'm doing something wrong when I say I'm honestly considering accepting the position. If you want to judge me then this may not really be a good time for you to be near me.
I have watched people do things that I wouldn't necessarily think brilliant...but a real friend doesn't judge...a real friend may, however, give their honest opinion...then allow the other person to make their own decision...and still support the person, even if they know in their heart that the outcome may not be favorable.
Honestly...I feel like I'm doing the best I can, considering. I am finding my way, the best way I know how. In hindsight, I'm even happy with my bad days, because it lead me to some great days, and even a few greater days.
God will never give you more than you can handle...LOL!!! Yes, on bad days, this statement is very questionable, but if you only knew how far I've come, the burning bridges I've crossed, and the abuse I've overcome. To still be standing here, with my head up, most times, and still wanting to find my way and praying for strength to have something better....I SAY, I MAY BE CLOSE TO REMARKABLE, AS ARE ALL OF YOU!!!
Just remember, the people who helped you through it all need help also! What works for you may not work for them, but your love will help them remain positive. It may be the only love they feel is true. And, it may be the only love they have!

2 Other Thoughts:

nadcesca said...

Just to read your title, make me mad like hell! I'm relating to you all the way. Why don't they just mind their own business. For me, is like they're just tired of us being mentally ill, they just don't wan't to make any effort to help us anymore, they don't wan't to have to support us, they wish we could just grow up overnight and be normal. I know for me it is a weekly topic with hubby. Hang in there hon! xx

Butterfly said...

Tough area. There's a thin line between losing yourself and being supportive to another.

This whole thing is tough. Unfortunately there's no manual.