Thursday, May 17, 2007

I DID IT!!

As promised...I did it! I went and told all!
Because I didn't get any sleep yesterday, got up early, went to doc, ran a few errands...and didn't take meds, I was so scattered that I couldn't sit to write this post with my results from my doctor's visit. I'm a bit better today...today is a purple day for me. Let me just tell you what happened because I'm not sure how long I have with a still/clear mind...
Went to the doctor's office. I was 5 minutes early, yet I still had to wait until 9:15am for a 9am visit. I remained calm becasue I was there on a mission. When the doctor finally came in, we went into the office where I found I would be speaking to a pdoc and a tdoc. Again, I'm on a mission, remain focused! The doctor went over the form that the social worker and I completed, then, she had the nerve to say...So, why are you here?...Calmly...

Me - What? Can you not read the paperwork?
Doc - Yes, but why do you think you're here?
Me - Again, did anyone bother do read the form? What does the form say?
Doc - It says you're having some issues. Tell me about it.
Me - Ok, let me help you move this along. I was sent to you because you can give me medication. I want to go back on meds!!
Doc - Ok, let's confirm that what was written is in fact what your having issues with and if you feel like something needs to be added, let me know.
Me - Fair enough!

I know I sound a bit hostile via blog, but I assure you all, I was as nice as I could possibly be. I mean, I truly think that she should have brought herself up to speed prior to my 9am appointment. Hell, she could have used the 15 minutes that I was waiting to bring herself up to speed.
Eventually, I lightned up and took out my papers, where I had written ALL OF MY EVERYTHING down, and read it to both doctors. The had a very disturbed look on their face. The doctor's asked if I was ok, I said yes, I just need my meds. Looking back, I think I might have sounded like a junkie, lol! But, I DON'T CARE!

End result...
I'm proud of myself for telling all. Depressed that I'll have to discuss it in future therapy sessions, minimum of once a week. Excited that I'll be getting my meds..ALL OF THEM...FREE OF CHARGE...THIS FRIDAY MORNING. YAYYYYY ME!!!!
One of the last things they told me is that I exhibit some bipolar traits...hmmmm.....we can deal with that on a later date...JUST GIMME MY MEDS FOR NOW, AND WE CAN DISCUSS ALL OF MY OTHER ISSUES LATER!!!!

2 Other Thoughts:

jadeila said...

Glad you got your meds, I don't know what I'd do without mine. And writing it down is good. I did that once and I think I scared the doc into submission! More people should do it, because it feels really empowering to say it all in a controlled and articulate way. Assuming you were controlled and articulate!

nadcesca said...

Congrat! You must be so proud of your mission being done! I write things down all the time and it really helps! Glad you are going to have your meds! I don't know what I would do without mine! Have anice day! xx